Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pei Wei, Cherry Hill and Moorestown, NJ

Pei Wei, Cherry Hill and Moorestown, NJ
Rating: 7
I really like Pei Wei, and although it is a “fast-food” version of the more popular P.F. Chang’s, I think it is better! There is one thing that I love to order when I am there: the GF Pei Wei Spicy Shrimp… sauce on the side! Why? It’s crunchy and delicious, and they serve larger-sized shrimp accompanied by steamed carrots and sugar snapped peas!
On the menu, it's listed as GF Pei Wei spicy chicken...you need to ask to "sub shrimp." Also when you order, it’s smart to ask for the spicy sauce on the side; not because it’s too spicy, but because it keeps the dish from getting soggy.  They offer white or brown steamed rice with the dish and for some reason I always go for the brown.  However, I think that the white rice is much tastier! Maybe next time…
Pei Wei always seems busy and the service is fast.  Besides the typical fountain sodas and Chinese food-inspired teas (Mandarin green tea and a spicy black tea) they offer Jones Soda in a bottle. Unfortunately, I was told that Moorestown location was phasing-out the Jones, but they had it yesterday at the Cherry Hill store.  (My fave is the Jones Cherry!!)
The bottom line is that Pei Wei is consistent: you get the same thing every time, and I think that’s a good thing!







Gluten-free Pei Wei spicy shrimp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment