Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chicago’s Uno Grill, Maple Shade, NJ

Surprise!!!

Rating: 6.5

Chicago’s Uno Grill, Maple Shade, NJ

So, I’m not really one for chain restaurants; I actually try to avoid them! But on a whim I googled “gluten free pizza” (waiting for a miracle, of course) and a hit for Chicago’s Uno Grill (formerly Pizzeria Uno’s) popped up! Well, having only been able to satiate my pizza needs using frozen boxed pizza (translation: sub-par,) I headed right over!!

Despite the menu and ambiance being generically “chain,” I rate the pizza a decent-plus! The gluten-free crust was thin and came in three flavors: tomato and cheese, pepperoni and veggie.  I went for the plain ol’ pizza.  Good stuff.  Realistically, a real slice of pie can never really be replaced; but at least this one was fresh (not frozen) and hot out of an oven!

Another surprise was my side salad which was a good portion and tasted pretty fresh… no residue of lettuce-from-a-bag or anything.  The gluten-free basil-lemon vinaigrette was tasty! Two gluten-free desserts were offered: the standard ice cream sundae (not too exciting) and bananas foster.  I had that! Also good. 

For the beer drinkers, Uno has Redbridge in a bottle. 


Side Salad with GF lemon-basil dressing



















GF Tomato and Cheese Pizza.  The mozz is a bit burnt because I asked for my pizza extra crispy!!

GF Bananas Foster


Decent experience!

GF menu: http://www.unos.com/menus/glutenFree.php





No comments:

Post a Comment