Monday, August 29, 2011

IndeBlue, Collingswood, NJ

Rating: 8.5

I've eaten at IndeBlue a handful of times ... how can you say "no" to gluten-free Indian food? (You can't!) And even though I have a mild allergy to dairy (casein too, not just lactose) I keep on going back for that delicious, spicy and savory goodness.  Before IndeBlue moved to their new location, the service as awful…I’m not going to lie.  Each time I went, I swore off ever returning. However, when they opened their new store it somehow magically fixed their service issues. It’s definitely not 4-star dining service, but at least the food comes out relatively timely to when the order was placed, which was previously an issue. 

The food is so good.  And the chef is cool.  Yum yum yum!

The pictures in the review contain my dining partner and my appetizer, Onion Bhajia. It's gluten-free fried potato and onion goodness... The entrees, Vegetable Korma and Paneer Makhani were both delicious.  The Korma was coconutty and cashewey and the Makhani was delicious, although a little sweet! Both were served with traditional Indian-style rice infused with some saffron speckled rice, topped with shredded cilantro leaves! The gluten-free naan is not the bomb; oh well! It's kind of chewey and a little too wet. They make up for it in other ways!

http://www.indebluerestaurant.com/index.php


Onion Bhajia appetizer ... the chutneys are both amazing!!

 




Vegetable Korma




Paneer Mattar Makhani



Gluten Free Naan

2 comments: