Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gluten Free Choco-Chip/"Oreo"/Brownie Supreme



Wow! When I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew that I had to recreate it, GF-style! But decadence like this doesn't come easy ... I just don't have the time or the GF baking know-how! So, I opted to take the easy route... Instead of making my own cookie dough and brownies from scratch, I used Betty Crocker box mixes.  Gluten free baking is hard enough - why reinvent the wheel?! Betty’s got it in the bag! This recipe also called for double-stuffed Oreos, so I substituted with Glutino brand “oreo” wannabes.  Mix in some organic eggs and butter (I used Spectrum brand organic vegetable shortening) and voila… Decadenceville! I attempted to per-serving-calorie track, but lost count ;)  

Betty knows what to do... these box mixes have minimal ingredients and can be altered to suit a vegan lifestyle!

Not bad ;)
I used this instead of butter ... 


NOTES: the cookie layer came out a little dry.  It may be because I added an extra egg.  I thought that it would make the cookie layer fluffier, but this was a mistake.  Next time I try these, I will probably just use one egg and add a little extra veg shortening.   

Yes, it's oozy and yummy!!

Nice layering!!

No comments:

Post a Comment