Saturday, October 12, 2013

Clean Eats ... Roasted Potato Soup

The recipe test is on! Can I make everything-free food that doesn't taste like cardboard?! I gave it a shot with this figure-it-out-as-you-go roasted potato soup. I began by chopping two organic golden potatoes, and sprinkling them with s&p. Next to them on the pan was some frozen og cauliflower straight out of the bag and some peeled garlic cloves.



I roasted them on 450f for about 25 minutes while I boiled 1 quart of filtered water. In it I through a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, oregano and thyme from my friend's garden.

 

The boiling water drew out the flavor from the herbs and by the one the veggies were done roasting, I pulled the herbs from the water before adding the veggies to the broth. There's really no need for boxed broth or bouillon cubes! 

I simmered the veggies in the broth until they were basically falling apart before blending with my ... Vitamix you say?! Nope! I wish. With my tiny, itsy, bitsy Cuisinart Mini Chopper. I had to do it in five rounds but once it was all pureéd it was time to dish up! So easy.

 


It would have been delicious with some type of (turkey) bacon on top - but because of the processing involved, bacon is off limits for me right now (but a good addition for when I begin to slowly
reintroduce things into my diet!) 


It really was very tasty and even received head-nod approval from one of my kids who doesn't eat anything unless it's covered in cheese ;)

Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, sugar free, and condiment free! And totally delicious!!


No comments:

Post a Comment